Saturday, January 18, 2014

A custom designed ring for an illustration artist

Harlequin&Lionhead handmade jewelry - custom made sterling silver and rutilated quartz ring

This is another ring I custom made for a good friend of mine, who is a very talented illustration artist. Her name is Jessica Boehman and she specializes in pencil and color pencil drawings for children books, animals and fantastic characters from myths.

Harlequin&Lionhead handmade sterling silver ring, custom designed for an illustration artist.Harlequin&Lionhead handmade sterling silver ring, custom designed for an illustration artist.

The rutilated quartz was chosen as it ressembles the lines in a pencil drawing. Jess does a lot of drawings of nature so I have chosen a tree design around the stone. I made the ring model from droplets of wax. After the model was done and cast in sterling silver, I soldered the bezel on, hand-polished and oxidized the silver to create an antique look that matched the darkness of the stone. And set the quartz in myself.

This is a fun project! If you want to collaborate on a design, drop me a line!

1 comment:

  1. I am truly pleased to see the fashion rings collection of this website. Keep updating the blog with latest fashion Jewelry designs.

    ReplyDelete